Creative, results-driven executive who can enhance today’s products whilst building tomorrow’s innovations. Skilled at understanding customer needs. Proven strengths building teams that deliver value on time and within budget. Works with C suite to intersect business strategies with technology to improve brand and drive company growth.
Mobile / Wireless
Accomplishments and Career Highlights
• Truly a pioneer, consistently producing elegant product solutions to address complex enterprise scale problems, for companies like Cisco, Oracle, Motorola and Huawei.
• Responsible for disengaging Futurewei from Huawei core technologies after President’s EO issued.
• Lead R&D teams in US, Ireland, India and China in inventing AI mechanisms for policy management and network analytics and management products, developing three new product lines.
• Fully tenured Professor at POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology) Graduating 2 Ph.D. and 2 M.Sc. students
• Director, Autonomic Research directing the research efforts of the Telecommunication Systems and Software Group in Waterford Institute of Technology.
• Cisco’s 5th Fellow and VP, Created context-aware personalization server product.
• Motorola Fellow Created model-driven, AI-based, policy management enhancement for network management suite
P&L, Budgets, or Sales Performance
Innovation budgets from $10 up to $25 million. To date never exceeded budget.
Direct reports from 8-12 people running research labs with up to 120 indirects.
Relevant Skills and Experiences
• Prototyping new products
• Building, coaching, guiding high performance R&D teams.
• Tenured professor in Autonomics
• Patents for multiple products related to Autonomous Networks and Autonomous Policy Management
• Model driven engineering.
• AI and Linguistics, including Symbolics.
• Deep Neural networking knowledge
Depth of Industry Contacts & Relationships
• 20 patents issued with 30 more in process
• Over 360 refereed conference and journal publications, not counting keynotes, invited talks, etc.
• Extensive Chairman roles, key note presentations, newspaper publications, conference guest speaker appearances.
• Multiple Head of Patent Council assignments.
• Ongoing relationships with CEO, COO, CTO’s at major International companies.
Education and Certifications
Ph.D., “Enabling Autonomic Network Management Decisions using a novel semantic representation and reasoning approach. Waterford Institute of Technology.” May, 2008
Personality Attributes and AI-based Predictive Performance
Independent and decisive, logical and realistic, highly competitive and goal orientated. Needs constant challenge. Given a huge goal, and the appropriate authority and resources, they will happily achieve the impossible. Although they can be strong minded, they offer a practical, task focused, demanding approach to leadership.
Type of Opportunity Open to:
Excels at taking a concept, or just an idea, and prototyping, designing, developing and rolling out completely new technologies. Needs minimal supervision, able to conceptualize the business case and turn it into successful, profitable products.
A startup needing a chief technologist, an established company looking to diversify, a company looking to create new a division. This person can marry a business case, with AI and technology to bring product to market.
Location Current & Preferred
San Francisco Bay Area. (Relo possible)
$300k + Bonus, + stock etc. (depending on stage of company)
[gravityform id=”20″ title=”true” description=”false”]